Hello, I’m Jennifer. Welcome to my world of whimsey, where joyful colors collide with fun and fur. I’m so glad you’re here. As I’m sure you’ve already noticed, I love bold bright colors and animals, who insist on inhabiting the starring roles in most of my paintings.
In a time of extreme divides, my work strives to celebrate the beauty and joy found in each person’s uniqueness and the many things we share in common. I’m inspired by the people and especially the critters who enhance our lives. I hope my work creates joy, makes you smile and even laugh out loud.
I’ve explored creativity throughout my life in a variety of forms and fashions, always seeking to learn and grow. After a career in law enforcement of more than 30 years, I’m spending my time getting down, dirty and very colorful playing in paint and mixed media formats.
I’ve studied with many amazing artists over the years, including Sandy Ceas, Ardith Goodwin, and Jo Fitzell. The Art Student’s League of Denver has been instrumental in my art journey. Also, special thanks to Stephanie Gagos, Kara Bullock and my family for their inspiration and encouragement.
I share my home in Denver, Colorado, with my furry critters, Albus Dumbledog, Scarlett O’ Hairy and my ornery and lovable seventeen-year-old black cat, Bubba.
My Creative Journey - one step at a time (AKA: My CV)
- Paint Your Heart and Soul 2021 – Online Class
- Critters in the Wild – Currently in production
- Business or Pleasure 2021 – Live Online Class
- Business or Pleasure Fall 2021 – Live Online Class
- Critterfied– Ongoing Online Class
- Critter Country– Ongoing Online Class
Hosting Live Chats-
- Inspired to Create- A Chat With Artists – online interviews with Kathy Lewis (AKA: KJ Allison), Kimberly Santini, Ardith Goodwin, Jennifer Yoswa, Fonda Clark Haight, Jeanine Pennell, Jennifer Price Davis, Connie Solera, Kristen Penrod
- Stephanie Gago’s 2021 Quirk Show (Sold Out Show)
- Stephanie Gago’s 2021 Online Spring Show (Sold Out Show)
- “Wild at Heart” an Invitational Show at Kanon Collective, Lakewood, Colorado
- Critterfied– Online Class
- Business or Pleasure – Live Online Class
- Critter Country – Online Class
- Make Create Express 2020- Online Class
Hosting Live Chats-
- Inspired to Create- A Chat with Artists – online interviews with inspiring artists: Deb Weiers, Kara Bullock, Ardith Goodwin, Tiare Smith, Kina Crow, and Fabio Napoleoni
- Park Hill Art Club Saturday Art Chat – online interviews featuring local Colorado artists and instructors: Kathleen Lanzoni, Alexander Soukas, Rodgers Naylor, Jeffrey Keith, Anita Winter, Steve Griggs, Jennifer Bobola and Laura McElfresh
- September 22nd-October 2nd, Stephanie Gagos’ Online Quirk Show
- September 12-November 17th, Best of the Parker Artist’s Guild, Parker, Colorado
Award : Third Place for “Covered in Fur”
- June 12th, Virtually Inspired, Senior Planet Colorado
- March 7-May 16, 2nd Bi-annual Pet Portraits: Animals We Love, Parker, Colorado
- February 20th-22nd, 46th Annual Parkview UCC Fine Arts Festival
Award: Honorable Mention for “Covered in Fur”
- Quirky Characters: Bringing Fun Characters to Life- Park Hill Art Club
- Creative Play-Parker Arts
- Stephanie Gagos’ 2019 Handmade Holiday Show, Online
- Greeley Art’s Picnic, Greeley, Colorado
- Art Student’s League Summer Art Market, Denver, Colorado
- Parkview UCC 45th Annual Fine Arts Festival, Aurora, Colorado
Award: Honorable Mention for “Right on Target”
- Riverside Library, Evans, Colorado
- Rise and Shine Coffee Shop, Denver, Colorado
- Frame by Frame Shop, Denver, Colorado
- Park Hill Art Club Fall Show, Denver, Colorado
- Park Hill Art Club Spring Show, Denver, Colorado
Award: People’s Choice 1st Place for “Snow Buddies
- Stephanie Gago’s 2018 Handmade Holiday Event, online
- TrueArt West Fest, Lakewood, Colorado
- Best of the Parker Artist’s Guild Show, Parker, Colorado
Recognition: Rescuers Need Love Too selected to be featured on show flyer and in press coverage
- Romancing the Arts Show, Castle Rock, Colorado
Award: Honorable Mention Ribbon for Ruby
Parker Artist’s Guild – 2018, 2020-present
Park Hill Art Club – Communications Coordinator, Show Co-Coordinator and Board Member 2018-present
A portion of proceeds from the sale of my t-shirts, rescue paintings, rescue prints and rescue note cards is donated to area non-profits focused on improving the lives of animals and people. Proceeds from the sale of paintings, prints and note cards related to Rescuers Need Love Too will be donated to local first responder related charities.
Prints have been donated to the following organizations for fundraising auctions:
Financial donations have been provided to the following organizations from the sale of items related to the rescue series and t-shirts. In 2021, I designed a Celebrate Pride poster and t-shirts celebrating pride.a percentage of proceeds from the sales of those items are being donated to Urban Peak in Denver in support of homeless youth.